Click here for December’s newsletter, or read on.
What’s New with Salesforce?
The Biggest News from Dreamforce NYC
The event of the winter could not be beat! In terms of scale, excitement and new technology, Dreamforce NYC 2021 was as good as it gets. Coming off a strong post lockdown performance, Salesforce bolstered this energy into a can’t-miss event that held all the thrill as it always exudes.
This article is perfect for the person who hasn’t attended before, or missed this year’s installment. A good synopsis of the events, the sights, and even the new tech that was brought to our attention. So click the link here to check it out! The Cloud Adoption Solutions team did a live blog analysis and overview of the event and sessions as well, which can be reached here!
Dreamforce NYC is always incredible, and loaded with information, so don’t miss out! It’s only a quick read away! – Andrew
User Adoption Research: Details from my PhD Research
User Adoption of CRM Systems is Driven by Good Practice
Here are some direct quotes from the qualitative interviews I completed as part of my research – I bet you can relate to many of them! I also list here the “Open Code” I assigned to each one in order to build my research findings.
- “…for some people, it (learning Salesforce) was a very painstaking arduous process. For others, it was much less arduous.” Understanding that individuals have different learning styles
- “There was some kind of push and pull as to what information we had Put in there some, some reps felt like they, they used either Outlook or, you know, they had folders, you know, so they, they didn’t feel like they had to put all that kind of stuff in there. And then when Salesforce switched from classic to lightning, that was another big, you know, hullabaloo.” Breaking resistance from old working style
- “So we hired her, right? She’s like, 10 hours a week. When we switch to lightning, she had no problems. And so I would say to my staff, the 80-year-old worker has gotten that if you can’t.” Sharing remarkable learning story with them
If you want even more info on this critical research, I have a journey built that you can follow if you click here. Or, shoot me a message to have us help you develop your adoption strategy. – Shannon
Tips on YouTube
Salesforce: CAS Come and See Videos
Multi-Factor Authentication can be Easy
Salesforce multi-factor authentication (MFA) is here and we’ve found a great way to get it into your org ready to go! Join Lucas as he takes you through the strategy and tactics of MFA using the 1Password app. To watch the full video click here!
Interested in seeing more? Cloud Adoption Solutions has committed to launching videos on Youtube at a much higher rate this year, so subscribe to our channel to stay in the know! Watch as the team shows new trends, shows instructional videos, and keeps you up to date on all things Salesforce. Subscribe to never miss a thing: we show you something new every Friday morning. – Andrew
Advice from an Expert
Send your Qs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: What info do you have on the Spring 22 release? I got an email from Salesforce but I don’t know where to start; being an admin is only part of my actual job!
A: Yes, release notes can be intimidating! Here’s a guide to release note review:
- Visit the Release Notes landing page
- Click on How to Use the Release Notes
- Don’t get distracted by the wealth of information; focus in on your primary interest! I always start with Sales Cloud because I know most of our clients live in that place
- Follow the topic on Twitter; the Ohana does a great job of giving short reviews of new features
If you have specific questions about Salesforce, let us know – we’re happy to lend a hand. Hit “reply” to this email and we’ll jump on a Zoom!
- STREAMING: Have you caught Lasso Fever? We’re all entranced by Ted Lasso, a delightful series on Apple+, and we love to be motivated by Ted’s awesome leadership. Here’s a fave monologue of ours – it’ll get you so pumped for your day!
- LISTEN: The Golden Age of the Salesforce Admin, on the official Salesforce admin podcast, with Mike Gerholdt, Senior Director of Salesforce Admin Evangelism at Salesforce, and our own Shannon Gregg!
- Happy December birthdays to CAS fam Lucas (12/7)!
- 1/4 OC Dreamin’ presents a Salesforce user event, Irvine, CA
- 1/20 Cactusforce: A COMMUNITY CONFERENCE FOR SALESFORCE DEVELOPERS AND ARCHITECTS, Phoenix, AZ OR online/virtual
- 4/28 Northeast Dreamin’, Providence, RI
Hey, if you liked this newsletter, forward it to a friend, friend or share it on Twitter or LinkedIn. We appreciate your support!
“It’s about how to create a culture where doing well is synonymous with doing good in order to thrive in a world where a company is only as strong as the principles it adopts.” – Marc Benioff
Check out previous issues for more curated Salesforce scoop – let us do the work for you!
September, August, July, June, May, April, March, February, January, December, November, October and September
Contact us with your Salesforce challenges at email@example.com – we love to help!
Cloud Adoption Solutions is a 100% woman-owned registered Salesforce partner, specializing in implementation, integration, and optimization for Technology, Healthcare/ Life Sciences, and Financial Services/ Professional Services organizations in the small and mid-commercial sectors.